Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bob's Baked Eggs (in two minutes)

While I'm talking about eggs, let me include a super-fast version of "Bob's Baked Eggs." Let me stress that I do NOT cook with the microwave. EVER.

Until Tuesday, that is, when I was too hungry to bake eggs in the oven, so I thoroughly mixed an egg and a tablespoon each of leftover salsa and cheese (Day 1: herbed gouda; Days 2 and 3: smoked mozzarella; next week: extra aged cheddar, and I bet goat cheese would be good too) in a little ramekin with a fork and microwaved on high for a minute and a half.

Presto! (Speaking of which, you could use pesto instead, or tapenade) A very quick scramble, with almost no clean-up (although don't put the ramekins in the dishwasher or the eggs will bake right on - yes, I learned this the hard way).

I ate my egg, very contentedly, on buttered toast.

No comments: